RHA ANNUAL SHOW
22 March – 11 June 2016, All Galleries
|Yvonne at work in studio.|
The Royal Hibernian Academy was founded in 1823 and the original purpose-built building, designed by its second President, Francis Johnson (1760-1829) in 1825, was situated on Lower Abbey Street. Academy House, most its contents and the entire annual exhibition were destroyed by fire during the Easter Rising in 1916. To commemorate the 1916 Easter Rising, the 186th RHA Annual Exhibition will return to its original time of the year and will be open to the public from March 22nd until June 11th.